Tuesday, June 28, 2011

McCall, Idaho Wedding

{James & Hannah}



I got to start this incredible day out by meeting with the girls at their cabin...



next I headed over to the Taylor's cabin and caught some action going on over there....


then, the girls joined us at the Taylor's cabin - where we snuck Hannah upstairs to get her in her dress...I love this picture of Hannah looking outside just before James and her shared their "first look"

Once Hannah was ready, we all headed outside.
The McCall golf course was just out the back door of the cabin. This is where we all enjoyed watching James get his "first look" at his soon to be bride! It couldn't have been anymore perfect! James and Hannah are just soooo sweet with one another!





We gave Hannah & James a few moments together, then it was straight into taking pics of the bridal party. They wanted to do a "first look" or "revealing" so they could have plenty of time to get bridal party pics, family portraits, and their formal Bride & Groom shots before the ceremony. The Bridal Party was lots of fun...full of lots of ideas out on the golf course....and I quickly learned that you have to pay attention when you are out there on the golf course!
Good thing they are all experienced golfers! They kept me safe :)











and just for fun....

just a few from our Family time...





The plan was to have some lunch, then go out and take James & Hannah's formal photos. But, Hannah's tummy still wasn't feeling the best(she had the flu!-and was such a trooper through it all! I will never forget how amazing Hannah handled all of this and still enjoyed every minute of her day -and smiling so sweetly- as if nothing was wrong!) So, we took a break and let Hannah go lay down until it was time for the ceremony. - I took this time to go out and shoot some of the details...

The ceremony was out on the green down a path from the McCall golf course Club House, and then the reception took place inside the Clubhouse...


Guests had the option of getting a ride on a golf cart, or to walk down the beautiful path...


Once all the guests were seated, the bridal party staged out by this little building. The rain held off all day - but, just as the ceremony was about to begin, it began to rain. The brides maids, and flower girl took cover inside until it was time for them to walk down the aisle. Hannah and her dad were staying out of sight and watching from behind the building.











I love the look on James' face here as Hannah's dad gives her a hug, just before giving her away...




I heard several people discussing how rain is supposed to be good luck on your wedding day....It didn't rain too much or for too long...but I love how the sweet little flower girl is trying to keep the rain off of her head.

exchanging rings...




Sealed with a kiss... and back down the aisle as man & wife.


a little dancing...


some tender moments just after the ceremony:


Since we weren't able to get any formal portraits of James & Hannah earlier, we decided to take the time to do some before we headed to the reception...(sorry to all you folks who had to wait on us)










James had a couple of locations in mind. He wanted to visit the tree where he had carved his initials years ago, and then had added Hannah's to his a few years back. James added there wedding date to the initials :)


and then we went to James' favorite golf hole...




back to the reception where family and friends were waiting




the toasts were perfect - touching/sweet and funny!



part of the best man's toast involved the groom's men and him singing a few lines from different songs to describe James and Hannah...it was so creative!


none of the cake made it into Hannah's mouth...


And the first dance was the best dance I have ever seen! These two REALLY know how to dance! It was VERY impressive and entertaining!




One of my favorite parts of a wedding is the dance with the parents!


Later in the evening I was so surprised to look outside and see how much it was raining.
What a blessing the rain held off like it did!


The rain didn't stop the fun by any means. The dance floor stayed HOT all night long!


Hannah's sister(Maid of Honor) caught the bouquet....


And in the middle picture here it looks as if he catches it - but, it came down to a little brawl on the floor before he got it....


What a night!




James and Hannah, thank you so much for the privilege of being part of your day!
I hope the rain truly brings you the best of luck in all you do together!

2 comments:

Becky Brown said...

This is absolutely beautiful! What a great post, I felt like I was there! And I can tell this couple is made for each other! You are so talented!

Sharlee said...

Awesome, Diane! Those were so fun to look at.